The British Embassy Jakarta is currently seeking to fill the following vacancy
The British Embassy wishes to fill a full time contract position for an Economist, as part of the South East Asia Economic Team.
Promoting a ‘low carbon, high growth, global economy’ is one of the key policy goals of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and its missions overseas. By reporting on economic developments, and influencing Government policy to achieve these aims in Indonesia.
As part of a regional SE Asia Economic Team, you will also analyse and report SE Asian economic developments. You will also provide the economic analysis to support the UK Department for International Development’s aid programmes in Indonesia. This is a new and exciting position with considerable scope for the jobholder to shape. You will join a newly established team of economists based throughout SE Asia reporting to the Team Leader/Line Manager based in Singapore.
- Monitor, analyse and report regularly on Indonesian economic developments and impacts, especially Indonesia’s views on the G20 throughout the UK chairmanship in 2009.
- Report on SE Asian regional economic issues to inform UK policymaking. Leading the team’s reporting on Political Economy Issues in SE Asia and contributing the Indonesian perspective to the regional thematic reports lead by other team members.
- Develop a good network of influential Indonesian contacts, acquiring detailed knowledge of the UK and Indonesia’s economic objectives. Provide clear briefings to senior diplomats and visitors. Facilitate visits of UK policy makers to Indonesia. Work to increase UK-Indonesian expert-level contact and develop small to medium sized projects funded by the UK government.
- Work closely with SE Asian Regional Economic Team, as well as officers in the Department for International Development and UK Trade and Investment
- Ensure business continuity by giving back up to another economist in the team in covering each other’s country economies during absences.
- Report to Team Leader, SE Asia Regional Economic Team (based in Singapore), guided by the Leader of the Indonesian Climate Change and Economy Team, with whom the jobholder is co-located in Jakarta.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in relevant field
- A degree (preferably Master degree) – Majoring in Economics/Development Studies or any related degree.
- Excellent communication and networking skills in English and Indonesian (both oral and written)
- Excellent IT skills and experience, including MS Office
- Excellent understanding of the Indonesian economy
- Self motivation and ability to work under light supervision (line managed from Singapore)
- An understanding of regional economy and familiarity with the UK is beneficial
The starting salary will be in the region of Rp. 9.000.000, -/month (depending on qualifications and experience) + yearly bonus. The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer. It offers a generous package of benefits including annual leave and medical cover. Training opportunities may also be available.
How to apply
To apply please submit, a copy of your CV (maximum 3 pages), 2 references from previous employers, 1 passport size photograph and a letter explaining your suitability for this position to:
The position is subject to achieving the necessary level of security clearance.
Deadline & Start Date
Deadline for submission is noon on the 10 February 2009. We hope that the successful candidate will start work in mid/late of March 2009.
Belum ada komentar.