We are passionate about making the world better. It is our mission that made us one of the largest and leading pharmaceutical companies in the world. Everyday MSD is a challenging and inspiring journey of discovery. At MSD, you will discover that your unique qualifications and powerful desire to help the world get better is a perfect match. Some of the world’s most talented people have joined us, with a sense of purpose unmatched anywhere. We are equally committed to developing and rewarding our people.
Reporting to Information Service (IS) Manager
Basic Functions & Responsibility
Essential function(s) includes, but is not limited to:
Under the direction of the IS Manager, the incumbent will serve as the technical expert and manages, both technically and administratively, the planning, development, and implementation of activities associated with the effective utilization, maintenance, updating, and enhancement of applications. These duties include work that involves developing, delivering and supporting IT systems and services.
This person will also be responsible for the operational status of the BI-Cognos system and the Siebel-on-Demand customer relationship management system. The Technical Analyst maintains expertise with various internal and external data sources and possesses in-depth knowledge of quality and data processing issues typically associated with this data within Merck’s standards of ethics. To demonstrate ability to lead both projects and people with vision.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the local subsidiary Solution Delivery lead for core information management initiatives. Responsible for the planning, coordination, deployment and support of all information management services in the local setup.
- Develop communication, change management and training programs to ensure the adoption and effective use of a wide range of applications, including the BI-Cognos and the Siebel-on-Demand system.
- Create and distribute adhoc Cognos reports and analysis, and to respond to questions from end users regarding data or analysis. To be able to test, present & train the Implemented reports / cubes to the users.
- To support daily data load into BI-Cognos, maintain/build queries to extract data, including handling users’ requirements into queries. To work closely with the Regional BI team to ensure data integrity.
- Work closely with the GTS and SD teams, which will provide technical support when required.
- Work within Merck standard procedures, such as Systems Life Cycle and Global Support & Services Model.
- Minimum S1 Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent professional qualifications, with 3-5 years related experience.
- Superior analytical, leadership, communication, and customer service skills as well as a high level of creativity are a must.
- A broad base of technical knowledge is required including Oracle, HPUX, Windows XP, client/server and Internet/intranet technologies.
- Proficient in software applications such as Cognos Transformer, PowerPlay and ReportNet Administration, Excel, Access. Siebel-on-Demand, SQL, JAVA/JSP is a plus.
- Work pro-active, independently, goal-oriented and demonstrate initiative. The ability to work on cross-functional teams on various project-related issues is required.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is mandatory.
- Distinct communication skills and willingness to work in teams
Submit your CV through email titled ” Technical Analyst” and send no later than 6 February 2009 to:
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified