ADMIN ASSISTANT (DOCUMENTATION AND REGISTRY) (NATIONAL) (UNFPA)
Location : UNFPA Jakarta, INDONESIA
Application Deadline : 15-Feb-09
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Languages Required : English
Expected Duration of Assignment : 12 months
I. Position Information
Post Code: VA/FPA/Admin Assistant/2009
Post Title: Admin Assistant (Documentation and Registry)
Recruitment: Indonesian National
Duty Station: UNFPA Jakarta
Duration of Assignment: 12 months
Starting Date: Immediate
Direct Supervisor: International Operations Manager
Status/Condition: Service Contract
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the immediate Supervision of the International Operations Manager, the Admin Assistant (Documentation and Registry) is responsible for the following:
- Receives, maintains, updates and classifies files and documents of the Country Office (both Programme and BSB) and takes responsibility for the safety and proper filling of documents.
- Maintains, updates and classifies documents related to policy, guidelines, agreements, as well as confidential and general management files; ensures the systematic placement of data and files of the CO.
- Maintains complete, proper filing system, office records, references materials, general and project files, maintain and updates relevant manuals used by Programme/Operations Section. Files and updates the list of files. Ensure the completeness of files and easy of retrieval of files/reports/documents/publications.
- Organizes and administers the CO library, maintains and updates the document classification based on standardized record management system.
- Manages and administers the overall registry functions of the CO, develops and maintains proper archive system and ensure the safety and security of files and documents. Screens incoming & outgoing mail and presents those letters to the concerned.
- Receives, sorts, registers, and distributes correspondence, files, incoming mails, pouches, reports, publications, and attaches necessary background information and maintains follow-up system for the Section. Maintains confidentiality of incoming and outgoing correspondences, Assists in registering and dispatching outgoing correspondences as appropriate;
- Keeps and updates list of names, addresses and telephone numbers of Ministries, Heads of UN Agencies, government officials, members of the diplomatic corps, implementing agencies and other stakeholders.
- Drafts substantive and non-substantive correspondence and ensure follow-up for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements before signature by the Section;
- Arranges appointments and maintains the Section’s calendar, receives visitors, Arrange internal and external meetings as required. Clears correspondence for the supervisor’s signature.
- Receives telephone calls and other message and transfers the same to the concerned.
- Prints and binds documents, operates fax, copier and related office equipments
- Performs liaison duties with concerned Government organizations, NGOs and international organizations related to general administrative tasks.
- Performs other secretarial and clerical duties as required by management.
- Organizational awareness
- Impact and influence
- Job knowledge
- Managing information flow and work flow
- Logistical support
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Values/guiding principles
- Working in teams
- Communicating information and ideas
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Results orientation/commitment to excellence
- Knowledge sharing/continuous learning
V. Recruitment Qualifications:
- College Diploma in secretarial Science and Office Management or Library Science or Bachelor’s degree in public administration, Management or related social science field.
- Five (5) years for College Diploma or three (3) years for Bachelors Degree of relevant experience in the public or private sector.
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English.
Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications.
- There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.
- UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to Apply Online and should submit a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae together with complete contact details of three professional referees as the attachment.
“Female candidates are encouraged to apply”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Belum ada komentar.